Thursday, May 3, 2012

Book Review #22 [Spell bound by Rachel Hawkins]





Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident.

Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late?


---

The final book of the Hex Hall series, I give to you. I'm kind of sad this is ending, I had no idea this was the last book.

Spell bound begins where Demonglass left off. Sophie finds herself in an unknown world all by herself. In this book along with Sophie we learn much much more about her mother's side of the family. It's shocking to say the least and a bit funny concerning what Sophie and her dad are.

Sophie faces a huge responsibility in this book. The war is coming and it's all up to her. But, what makes it even harder is that Sophie has to decide should I stop them? Or should I join them? Anyone would agree when I say when faced with the possibility of gaining power, it's a tempting offer.

All of our characters from Hex Hall and Demonglass make their return, along with a few new ones. We reunite with Archer, Jenna, Cal, Elodie and others as they help Sophie prepare for the war. As a bonus we even get to see a bit more into Archer's past and who he is. I wish it went a bit more. Maybe they'll be a short novella about Archer because I'd love that. I want to know what goes on inside of his head, and how he came to be apart of the Eye.

Now, addressing the MAJOR moment towards the end. I have to say one thing: Was that necessary?
No, I don't think it was. And, it's probably the one thing in the entire book, or the entire series that REALLY bugged me.

Overall, besides that blip on my happy meter; it was a decent ending to a decent series.

Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...