Saturday, July 21, 2012

Book Review #27 [Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley]



Lauren Grahame has spent her whole life thinking something special was going to happen. She didn’t know what it was, she just knew it would one day be hers. But she learned the hard way that special wasn’t on offer.

So, after divorcing her cheating husband, Lauren searched for nothing special and she thought she found it when she landed a job as a waitress in a biker bar in Carnal. It was perfect: a nothing job in a nowhere bar in Nowheresville.

Then Tatum Jackson walked in. Part-owner of the bar, he took one look at high-class Lauren and wanted nothing to do with her. And he made this known, loudly.

Tate’s angry insults seared in her brain, Lauren decides the feeling is mutual and she doesn’t want anything to do with the gloriously handsome Tate Jackson. The clash of the bartender and barmaid begins but, even though Tate makes his change of mind clear (in biker-speak, a language Lauren is not fluent in), Lauren is intent on going her own way.

Until a serial killer hits Carnal and Lauren finds out Tate isn’t a bartender, he’s a bounty hunter. He stakes his claim for Lauren before he goes on the hunt for a killer but Laurie doesn’t speak biker nor does she understand bounty hunters and Tate comes back from the hunt to find his old lady has moved on.

Life throws curveball after curveball at Laurie and Tate. As secrets are revealed, women are brutally murdered, and Lauren tries to find her inner biker babe.

-----

*Disclaimer: I just want to point some things out about Kristen Ashley's male leads and books. These guys are unapologetic bad-asses. Not one- NOT ONE- is perfect, or even exhibits "perfection-like" attributes. A quote from one of Kristen's interviews: 


"....They are who they are, they do what they do, there’s a reason why they do it and they understand it isn’t socially acceptable and they don’t give a crap. This is not to say I agree with their takes on the world."

Now about the books, Kristen is a self-published author, she's not apart of a company or whatever. So, the editing or the writing is not perfect. If that's a peeve for you, then she may not be for you. But, if you can get past that, enjoy her AMAZING books then YAY! And, also there is good amount of foul language in the Colorado Man books and the Dream Man series. So, if THAT is a peeve for you, you might not want to read those books. (lol)
-----

Say what? I'm doing another Kristen Ashley book? Damn right I am. I'm on a K.A trip (!) right now. She's officially on my favorite authors list. I mean, honestly guys she's THE COOLEST.

Anyway, this is the first review of another K.A series - Colorado Man. In this book, we follow Lauren Grahame and Tatum Jackson. You can pretty much get the jist of the story from the summary above so I'll get straight to the core.

Lauren, our female lead, is a woman looking for a place for where she belongs. She's trying to figure out what it is she wants and where she wants to go. After leaving her no good husband, Lauren finds herself in Carnal, Colorado eventually getting a job as a waitress in the local biker bar. Lauren in the beginning is lost which is understood considering the situation she just came out of. By the end of the book, Lauren finds her inner "biker babe" and becomes a strong woman who know what she wants....

And, she finds that with the help of our alpha male/local bounty hunter - Tatum Jackson. Ugh TATUM JACKSON. I...*BREATHES* I will tell you right here in the beginning of this book and part of the middle Tate is AN ASS. He is, he really is. Tate has a foul mouth, a short fuse, protective, aggressive, straight-talker, hardworking, loyal, and devoted. Negative to the positive. When your reading this at first you don't like Tate, esp when it comes to the VERY FIRST thing that came out of his mouth about Lauren was a totally jackass-like comment. But, give it time because I can guarantee if you continue reading you will LOVE Tate by the end. Most of you will probably will WANT a Tatum Jackson of your own.

Besides the romance which by the way is hottttt. *whew* We also have a very serious problem down in Carnal. Someone is kidnapping and murdering young women. And, it's up to Tate and the DPD to figure out who. What we don't realize along with everyone else, is that this case hits closer to home than anyone realizes.

The side characters of Sweet Dreams are well....full of character. Not so much humorous as Tex or Shirleen from the Rock Chick series. But, still enjoyable. My favorite is Jonas. Tate's 10 yrs. old son. HE IS SO ADORABLE. Literally, a mini-Tate. And, I love when he first met Lauren and automatically called her MILF. (lmao)

(side note: We see two familiar faces show up in this book, Hank Nightingale and Eddie Chavez from the Rock Chick series!! *squealsss*)


Sweet Dreams is my favorite out of the Colorado Man series, always worth a re-read.

Rating: 5/5

Quote:  (Jonas and Lauren)

"I'm not goin' on dates. I'm playin' the field." 
Dad burst out laughing but I glared and snapped. "Jonas!"

Jonas looked at Dad. "I gotta keep my options open, make sure I get a good one." I looked at the celing. "Lord, deliver me," I implored and looked back at Jonas when he poked me in the ribs.

"Laurie, I'm ten." He used my words against me then grinned cheekily again. "Like I said, gotta keep my options open."


LOL Oh Jonas....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...