But, there are reasons why I've kept myself from getting the SEQUELS to those books. Of course besides the whole "money problem". (college students are just meant to broke, you know?) Anyway, two main reasons:
1. If it's a sequel, it's mostly because I'm afraid to read it. If I've read non-spoiler reviews on said book and something about one of my favorite characters was mentioned..something bad. Then, I don't want to read it but then again I do. I have a tendency to become attached to some characters, you guys know what I mean right? And, if something tragic or whatever happens to him/her then I don't want to read that. I refuse to get my heart broken. (lol)
2. The second reason is more mainly towards the "second book curse". When the sequel becomes overridden by unnecessary additions to the plot, that it well....sucks compares to the first one. This mostly applies to YA books.
So here are a list of sequel books I'm on the fence of getting:
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. (Sequel to Clockwork Angel)
- Vanish by Sophie Jordan (Sequel to Firelight)
- Crossed by Ally Condie (Sequel to Matched)
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver (Sequel to Delirium)
- Hallowed by Cynthia Hand (Sequel to Unearthly)
And, well you get the idea. I'm more worried about Clockwork Prince; someone told me I'd shed tears for a certain person in this one. ;~~~~;
What do you think of this? Are there any sequels you are/were worried about reading?